Friday 13th March 2020
We are closely monitoring the current situation with the Coronavirus and will continue to follow the advice and guidance from the DfE and Public Health England (PHE).
At school, we are stepping up our cleaning regime to ensure surfaces, laptops etc are as clean as possible.
From yesterday’s briefing the Government are recommending that any person should self-isolate for 7 days if they have symptoms of a fever and/or a persistent cough. Please inform the school office if you/your child are needing to do this. We have made a decision to cancel or postpone the following events as a precautionary measure to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our whole school community.
• Tuesday 17th March – Visit to Mayflower Theatre for some Year 3 children – cancelled
• All parent’s evenings – postponed until further notice
• Wednesday 18th March – Year 2 class assembly – cancelled
• All Easter workshops at St. Christopher’s Church – cancelled
• Tuesday 24th March – Year 5 class assembly – cancelled
• Tuesday 24th March – Year 5 Greek Day- parents no longer invited into school
• Wednesday 25th March - Cake sale - postponed
• Wednesday 1st April – Well being workshop for parents - postponed.
We apologise as I know this will be disappointing news but the health and safety of our children and staff must be our primary concern. Latest information and advice can also be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response In the event of school closure, parents will be informed as soon as possible. Each child will be provided with learning that they will be expected to complete at home.
Thank you for your support in this difficult time.
Mrs Sian Cook
Hightown Primary School